Saturday, May 19, 2007

Three down one more to go...ME

Exams have been fine so far until yesterday..POA. Let me go into POA later..

First paper OT, was ok.Questions were more a less there...

HRM was ok too.In fact HRM, the questions were from past examinations. Overall, quite ok with HRM and OT, I was able to write and also write more in depth cause when I got back my mock paper the examiner commented that I should write more.

Now coming to POA, the paper was tough. Yap I think they have to set it to a certain standard as previous year ( the first year which POA was in syllabus) the questions were quite direct.

I was well prepared for MC vs AC costing questions and yet did not come out. The cash budget also :(. So I had to to NPV which was one long and tedious one..I recalled Mr Balwant's advice and filled up all those that I know and most importantly the PVIF factors..and also wrote about the evaluation of NPV and IRR..The next question which I attempted was the variance question, sigh I got mixed up with all the calculations..hopefully will get some marks for the my calculations.I mean I did put some effort.

Section A was as usual not direct and also required some working to get 5 marks. I was able to do the one on correcting the balance and a few other question and also some theory questions.But than again I don't know if i am right.

I did attempt all 6 questions but some were like half done..Section B was ok except we had to calculate the stock and COGS..I did do..but than the next part my P and L , B/S did not balance..hope I did not fill up the wrong figures..Maybe i just been paranoid..but ok..Wailoon you did your best for POA..don't think about it :)

Feel better after writing all these down..next is ME...Mocks for ME was tough..I wonder this time how would they set it for main exam..I guess I would know it on Monday..

( I don't think ME would be as bad as POA and also as what was set in the mocks but than again you never know)

All the best to me for ME and to my fellow friends...Gamabatte!

We all must do it !


No comments: